Pliny's source code is distributed across 5 Eclipse projects, of which
three are Plugins, one provides code to allow Pliny to operate as a standalone
program (using Eclipse's RCP technology), and the last provides a persistance
base for Pliny model classes. The projects are:
- uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny: this plugin-project contains most
of the Pliny code, and provides implementation for all the Pliny Views and two
of the Pliny Editors: the Note Editor and the Pliny WWW Browser.
All the common code that is shared between Pliny Plugins is also held here,
including shared JFace Actions, GEF Commands, and GEF EditParts. See the
description of it in the section uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny plugin.
- uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny.imageRes: this plugin-project
provides the Pliny Image Annotator as an Eclipse Editor.
- uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny.pdfAnnot: this plugin-project
provides the Pliny PDF File Annotator as an Eclipse Editor.
- uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny.rcp: this project provides the code
to allow the Pliny plugins to operate in a standalone application. This is not
a plugin project. It is briefly described in section the
- uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.rdb2java: this plugin project provides
the code to support persistence for Pliny object data.
Note that it is likely that the Pliny Web Browser will
be pulled out of uk.ac.kcl.cch.jb.pliny and put into its own Plugin at
Center for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London